What is Paleo Diet : How can Vegetarians follow the Paleo Diet?
Are you looking for a special diet that can help you with weight loss? If you are a person who don’t want to spend any money on weight loss plans and do it at home by following a strict diet, then the paleo diet is one of the best options for you.
Adopting the Paleo lifestyle has become increasingly popular among people looking to improve their overall health and well-being because it shows a proper diet plan and you will start to see the difference in a month.
By following this diet plan, individuals can improve their overall health while still enjoying delicious meals.
In this article, We will discuss What are the benefits, What you can eat and What you can’t eat in the paleo diet, The meal plan, and finally 2 Paleo recipes to kickstart your journey.
So read further.
What is Paleo Diet?
The Paleo Diet plan is a dietary approach inspired by the eating habits of people in Paleolithic era. It revolves around three meals a day—breakfast, lunch, and dinner—promoting a healthier lifestyle.
What are the Benefits of Paleo diet?
- Improved digestion
- Increased energy levels
- Weight loss including reducing belly fat and waist circumference
- Improved mental clarity
- Reduces inflammation in the body
- Promotes healthy blood glucose.
- Improved insulin sensitivity.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Improved cholesterol balance.
- Lower all-cause mortality.
Guide for vegetarians interested in the Paleo Diet
What to avoid in the Vegetarian Paleo diet?
Highly Processed Foods such as:-
1. Chips and Cookies
2. Dairy Products such as milk and cheese
3. Legumes including beans and peanuts
4. Grains such as wheat and barley
5. Starchy vegetables such as White potatoes
6. Refined Sugars and Refined Oil
7. Added Salt
What to include in the Vegetarian Paleo Diet?
Unprocessed Foods such as:-
6. Oils from Fruits and Nuts such as Olive oil or walnut oil.
MEAL PLAN THAT YOU CAN FOLLOW
Simple Breakfast options :-Fruits Smoothies such as Banana, Apple with almond milk, Avocado, Pumpkin Bread, Pancakes, Protein Bars, etc.
Nutritional Lunch Ideas:-Vegetable curry with Bread, Mixed vegetable salad, Chia pudding
Satisfying Dinner Recipes:-Burgers (no bun) fried in butter, vegetables, and Salsa
2 Paleo Recipes to Get You Started:
So, here are 2 Paleo Recipes to Help You Get Started on Your New Lifestyle
If you are looking to get started on a Paleo diet, Luckily, there are Plenty of delicious Paleo recipes out there that are easy for beginners. These easy recipes for beginners on a low-carbohydrate/high-protein meal plan are perfect for getting started with the Paleo lifestyle. From breakfast ideas to dinner options, these recipes will help you make the most of your new diet while still enjoying tasty meals.
1. Pumpkin Bread
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a regular loaf pan with parchment paper. Now, In a large bowl, add the almond butter, eggs, pumpkin puree, honey, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well using a Blender.
- Add in the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg. Blend to combine, scraping down the sides with a spatula. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Check whether it is cooked. To check, Insert a toothpick into the center, and it should come out clean and the loaf is set. Place the bread on a cooling rack and allow it to slightly cool before slicing for about 15 minutes. Enjoy your delicious Pumpkin Bread!
2. Chocolate Peppermint Pancakes
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp peppermint oil
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp coconut oil, for cooking
In a large bowl, put eggs, milk, peppermint oil, and honey and whisk it well. Slowly add in the remaining ingredients, stirring everything together until just combined.
Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet to medium heat. Coat the pan with coconut oil. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet and spread into a circle. Cook for 2-4 minutes until bubbles start to appear, and then flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and then remove to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter. Garnish with Cherries. Serve warm.
The Paleo diet focuses on eating foods that were available to our ancestors during the Paleolithic era, such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.
By following this Plan, Most people lost 7-8 pounds by the end of the 30 days after following this strict diet.
By following a paleo nutrition plan, you can experience a variety of health benefits from improved digestion and energy levels to weight loss and reduced risk of chronic diseases.
So Why Wait? Unlock the power of Paleo today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who should not follow a Paleo diet?
If you have a heart related issues or kidney, liver or pancreatic disease, you should consult with your dietician as continued low carbohydrate intake may lead to an overuse of fat for energy, or ketosis.
2. Which diet is healthier Paleo or Keto?
Both paleo and keto diets are good but they both work differently. The paleo diet is better for managing autoimmune diseases, while the keto diet is better for managing diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
3. How long does it take to see results from a paleo diet?
It depends as not every body is smae. However, most of the people lost 7-8 pounds in 30 days.
4. Is there any side effect following a Paleo Diet?
You may experience “carb flu” or “keto flu” symptoms when transitioning to a Paleo diet, due to decreased carbohydrate intake. Managing it with an alternative option can help.