All of us eat fruits and vegetables. In general, all fruits are nutritious and healthy. Each fruit and vegetable give certain vitamin and nutrient. But, do you know that some fruits provide more nutrients and minerals compared to others? This article is related to those vegan superfoods. So, let us see which are they?
Keep reading and very soon you will come to know about it.
Firstly, Let us understand what is a vegan diet.
Well, A Vegan diet is a diet that includes a plant-based diet and excludes animal food such as eggs, dairy products, meat, poultry, or seafood. Veganism is not a restrictive diet. There are plenty of amazing vegan foods that can give you all the nutrients required by your body.
Veganism has gained a lot of popularity because of its several health benefits.
Check out our list of vegan superfoods for some inspiration!
Introducing some of the best vegan superfoods out there.
TOP 8 VEGAN SUPERFOODS
8 Vegan superfoods in our list are:-
- Green leafy vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Legumes such as peas, beans, and lentils
- Bread, Rice, and pasta
- Sweet potatoes
- Berries such as strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries are very beneficial; especially for brain health.
- They are high in fiber.
- Berries are Antioxidants. Antioxidants are natural substances that prevents or delays some types of cell damage.
- Helps with lowering cholesterol levels.
- Protects against cancer.
2. Green leafy vegetables
Who doesn’t know the health benefits of green leafy vegetables .
- Dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale not only keeps us disease-free but also boosts our immune system.
- They are good for muscle strength as well as nerve function.
- They helps to maintain healthy skin.
- Treats anemia(lack of hemoglobin).
3. Nuts and seeds
- Nuts such as almonds, peanuts, cashew nuts, pistachios, walnuts, and hazelnuts are rich source of nutrients such as vitamin E, minerals, magnesium, and selenium.
- Seeds such as sunflower seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds deliver lots of nutrients with minimal calories.
- These seeds are full of antioxidants, fiber, and protein. It is simply a complete pack of nutrients. So, there is no need to depend on non-veg food to get proteins.
4. Legumes such as peas, beans, and lentils
- Legumes and beans have several health benefits.
- Legumes such as pulses, beans, and lentils are sustainable and low glycemic index foods and they are rich in protein and fiber.
- Legumes improve blood pressure, lower the risk of heart problems, and also helps in weight loss.
- Black lentils are the most nutritious variety among all others as it has a high amount of protein, calcium, and iron in them.
5. Bread, rice, and pasta
- Starchy foods such as bread, pasta, and rice are an important source of carbohydrates.
- Carbohydrates provide energy to the body. Carbs are broken down by the body into glucose. It is used as fuel for the body to work properly.
- Being a low-fat nutrient, it is ideal for those who are looking forward to losing some weight.
Quinoa has recently gained popularity because of its super-healthy benefits. It is a superfood as it is full of nutrients such as:-
Disclaimer:- “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
- It is fiber-rich food and helps in weight loss.
- It is high in riboflavin which is good for skin and hair. It gives elasticity to the skin.
- Being an antioxidant, it prevents any damage to the heart.
- It is anti-aging as it is packed with manganese and vitamin B.
7. Sweet potatoes
- Promotes gut health.
- Support eye health.
- Enhance brain function.
- Can help manage anxiety and stress levels.
- Support digestion.
- Contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- Support healthy blood sugar levels.
- It is a high level of antioxidants and hence, it is good for heart health.
- Aids in digestion.
- Reduce the risk of diabetes.
- It is good for kidney health as it cleans out the toxins deposited in the kidneys and reduces the accumulation of uric acid in the blood.
SUPERFOODS YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR DIET:-
- If you have diabetes, you can include more amount of low glycemic index foods such as green vegetables and Legumes such as peas, beans, and lentils in your diet.
- If you have any heart problems, you should aim for a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables and starchy foods such as bread, pasta, and rice.
- If you want to improve your skin as well as hair, add quinoa and papaya along with plenty of green vegetables to your diet.
- If you have any gut health issues, include papaya and sweet potato in your diet.
All the above foods are superfoods and adding them to your diet will certainly give you the benefits.
- Vegan diet provides all the nutrition required by the body. No need to depend on animal food for proteins.
- Berries, Green leafy vegetables, Nuts and seeds, Legumes such as peas, beans, and lentils, Bread, Rice and pasta, Quinoa, Sweet potatoes, and Papaya are the superfoods that should be included in the diet.
- These superfoods protect us from diabetes, heart problems, and cancer.
Am I missing any name in the above list of superfoods? I would be happy to know about it.
If have you enjoyed this article, please consider leaving a comment below. Your feedback is very important to us.