Keto desserts have gained significant popularity in recent years as more people embrace the ketogenic diet. These Easy keto thanksgiving desserts are specifically designed to be low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats, making them suitable for those following a keto lifestyle.
Following a ketogenic diet does not mean that you have to give up on delicious desserts. When you want a sweet treat while keeping your weight low, there are plenty of keto desserts you can choose from.
Here are 5 such keto desserts that you can enjoy:
Quick and Easy Keto thanksgiving Desserts
1. Keto Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Avocado makes a creamy and nutritious base for a keto-friendly chocolate mousse. Blend ripe avocados, unsweetened cocoa powder, a low-carb sweetener, and a splash of vanilla extract. A decadent chocolate treat can be made by adding sweetener to taste and chilling the mixture.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup keto-friendly sweetener, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- A Pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, chopped nuts or grated dark chocolate
1. First, Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and put them in a blender or food processor.
2. Add the cocoa powder, keto sweetener, vanilla extract, almond milk, and a pinch of salt to the blender as well.
3. Blend everything together until smooth and creamy.
4. Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness if needed by adding more keto sweeteners.
5. Once the mousse is smooth and sweetened to your liking, divide it into individual serving glasses or bowls.
6. Refrigerate the mousse for at least an hour to allow it to chill and set. This also helps the flavors meld together.
7. Before serving, you can top the mousse with whipped cream, chopped nuts, or grated dark chocolate for added texture and flavor.
Enjoy your delicious Keto Chocolate Avocado Mousse as a satisfying and guilt-free keto desserts!
Note: Avocado adds creaminess and healthy fats to the mousse, making it rich and indulgent. Make sure to use ripe avocados for the best texture and flavor.
2. Keto Cheesecake
Despite the fact that low-carb cheesecake recipes are plentiful, traditional cheesecakes are usually high in sugar and carbohydrates. Use almond flour or crushed nuts for the crust, and for the filling, mix cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, and a keto-friendly sweetener. Bake it until set, and enjoy a creamy and indulgent keto cheesecake.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup keto-friendly sweetener
- ¼ cup melted butter
For the filling:
- 3 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup keto-friendly sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Prepare the Crust:
In a bowl, combine the almond flour and powdered sweetener. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture resembles wet sand. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan to create an even crust. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until it’s lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
3. Prepare the Filling
In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sweetener and vanilla extract. Beat again until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Finally, mix in the sour cream until everything is well incorporated.
4. Assemble and Bake:
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust in the springform pan.
- Tap the pan gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet to catch any potential leaks.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and crack the oven door open. Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for about an hour.
5. Chill and Serve
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, to allow it to set completely.
- Before serving, you can optionally top the cheesecake with berries or a sugar-free berry sauce.
Enjoy your delicious homemade keto cheesecake!
3. Keto Berry Chia Pudding
Chia seeds are low in carbs and high in fiber, making them a great addition to a keto diet. Combine unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk), chia seeds, and a keto sweetener in a jar. Let it sit overnight to thicken. In the morning, top the chia pudding with fresh berries for a refreshing and nutrient-packed keto dessert.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other keto-friendly milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons keto-friendly sweetener (like erythritol, stevia, or monk fruit), to taste
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Optional toppings: additional berries, chopped nuts, unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Prepare the Chia Pudding Base
In a bowl, combine the almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and your chosen keto-friendly sweetener. Whisk or stir the mixture well to ensure that the chia seeds are evenly distributed.
Let the mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes, then give it another good stir to prevent clumping. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the mixture for at least 2-3 hours or overnight, allowing the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and thicken the pudding.
2. Blend the Berry Sauce
In a blender or food processor, blend the mixed berries until you have a smooth sauce. If desired, you can strain the sauce to remove any seeds for a smoother texture.
3. Assemble the Berry Chia Pudding
– Take the chia pudding mixture out of the refrigerator.
– Give it a good stir to make sure it’s well combined and hasn’t clumped.
– Spoon a layer of the chia pudding into serving glasses or jars.
– Spoon a layer of the blended berry sauce on top of the chia pudding layer.
– Continue layering until you’ve used up all the pudding and sauce.
4. Chill and Serve
– If time allows, refrigerate the assembled chia pudding for another 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
– Before serving, you can add additional berries, chopped nuts, or unsweetened shredded coconut as toppings for extra flavor and texture.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious keto berry chia pudding!
4. Keto Peanut Butter Cups
You can create your own low-carb version of peanut butter cups. Melt sugar-free dark chocolate and pour a small amount into the bottom of cupcake liners or a silicone mold. Allow it to set in the refrigerator. Then, mix natural peanut butter with a keto sweetener and a touch of coconut oil.
Spoon the peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate layer and top with another layer of melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm for a keto-friendly treat.
For the chocolate layer:
– 4 oz (about 1/2 cup) sugar-free dark chocolate or keto-friendly chocolate chips
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the peanut butter filling:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (sugar-free and natural)
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (optional, for thickening)
1. Prepare the Chocolate Layer
In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the sugar-free dark chocolate or keto-friendly chocolate chips along with the coconut oil. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
2. Assemble the Peanut Butter Cups
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners.
- Spoon a small amount of the melted chocolate mixture into the bottom of each muffin liner, covering the base.
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to slightly harden.
3. Prepare the Peanut Butter Filling
In a bowl, mix together the creamy peanut butter, powdered erythritol (or your chosen sweetener), and coconut flour (if using). The coconut flour helps thicken the filling. Adjust the sweetener to your taste preferences.
4. Add the Peanut Butter Filling
- Take the muffin tin out of the refrigerator.
- Spoon a small amount of the peanut butter filling onto the center of each chocolate-coated muffin liner, flattening it slightly.
5. Top with Chocolate
Spoon the remaining melted chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling, covering it completely and creating the top layer of the peanut butter cup.
6. Chill and Set
– Place the muffin tin back in the refrigerator and let the peanut butter cups chill for about 30 minutes to an hour, or until the chocolate has completely hardened.
7. Serve and Enjoy
Once the peanut butter cups are fully set, remove them from the muffin tin and peel off the muffin liners.
Enjoy your homemade keto peanut butter cups as a delicious treat!
Note:-Remember to store these peanut butter cups in the refrigerator, especially if you live in a warm environment, to prevent the chocolate from melting.
5. Keto Coconut Macaroons
Coconut macaroons is one of the keto thanksgiving desserts that are naturally low in carbs and can easily be adapted to a keto-friendly recipe. There are many benefits of eating Coconut. Combine shredded unsweetened coconut, egg whites, a keto sweetener, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Form the mixture into small mounds and bake until golden brown. Enjoy these chewy and sweet keto coconut macaroons.
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix Ingredients
In a bowl, combine the shredded coconut and powdered erythritol. Mix well to evenly distribute the sweetener.
3. Whip Egg Whites
In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites and a pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks. This will help provide structure to the macaroons.
4. Combine Mixtures
Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the coconut mixture. Be careful not to overmix; you want to maintain the volume from the whipped egg whites.
5. Add Vanilla
Stir in the vanilla extract to the mixture. This will add a pleasant flavor to the macaroons.
6. Form Macaroons
Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, portion out small mounds of the coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. You can shape them into small haystacks.
7. Bake and Cool
Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until the macaroons are golden brown on the edges. Once baked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the macaroons cool on the sheet for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Let the macaroons be completely cooled.
Enjoy your delicious keto-friendly treat!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. These keto coconut macaroons are a wonderful option for satisfying your sweet cravings while sticking to your low-carb lifestyle.
We have discussed 5 Easy keto thanksgiving desserts that you can try at home. You should calculate nutrition information based on your exact ingredients and serving size if you’re closely monitoring your carb intake. Nutrition values vary depending on the specific ingredients you use.
Make sure to consume these keto desserts in moderation and are mindful of portion sizes. The low-carb content of these foods should still contribute to your overall macronutrient goals, even though they are low in carbohydrates.
Please let me know how these keto thanksgiving desserts turn out for you in the comments. I’m always so eager to hear from you.